I have been craving something lemon.
I came across this Lemon-Coconut Bar Cookie recipe… and new I wanted to make it.
Are you a fan of coconut?
Are you a fan of lemon??
These bar cookies… combine the two. It is truly delicious!
Here is the recipe…
Lemon-Coconut Bar Cookies
By Carrie Perrins
*adapted from Cooking Light Annual Recipes
1 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup butter- chilled and cut into small pieces
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare cookies, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
3. Press mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Combine brown sugar, lemon juice, and eggs in a separate medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in coconut. Pour over cookie base. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until set.
5. Prepare glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and lemon juice… while the cookies are baking. Once the cookies are done and removed… spread glaze evenly over cookies.
6. Cool completely. Cut into squares.
I can’t wait for the lemon season here in Arizona. Yes… we have a lemon season. Where the citrus trees that everybody has here are ready to be picked. Everybody gives them away for free. Buckets and Buckets.
We just planted some trees in our front yard… but they will take awhile to produce.