Blueberry Oat Muffins.
I haven’t made muffins in a long time for Muffin Monday. My daughter Jane, brought home from her school library, a cookbook. She wanted me to make this pizza casserole. I made it for dinner the following Friday for pizza night. She LOVED it. The following Monday her library book was due and she turned in the book… but happily came home and said,”Mom I have another cook book for you!”
The pizza casserole was in that book too… She must have really liked that pizza casserole!!
Anyways… on to the muffins.
I made these one morning for breakfast and the reason I REALLY liked them was that they didn’t require buttermilk. Most muffins require buttermilk to make them a decent muffin. I did however, just share a quick and easy buttermilk substitute that would work if you needed buttermilk.
However… these didn’t and they were really good!
Here is the recipe adapted from Taste of Home…
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine first six ingredients. In another small bowl combine egg whites, water, and oil. Mix well. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Then remove to wire rack.
These muffins are healthy and delicious.
I love blueberries! I love the color! I love the taste!
You know… you are supposed to eat berries every day to help maintain a healthy body.
If that is the case… then I think these are considered healthy.. right?!
I love the aroma of baking! It just brings something into your home!
I am not sure what your Monday is going to bring… but hopefully it’s not the blues! But… if it does maybe you can brighten your day by these muffins.
Happy Monday Friends-