I made the mistake the other day of buying regular plain m&m’s. My husband does not like them. I told him that they weren’t actually for him, but for a bingo game. Well…. he informed that I am only allowed to buy peanut butter m&m’s. Okay I got it.
What are your favorite m&m’s??
I like them all. I think I like the pretzel ones best.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.
This recipe is such a moist muffin recipe. Peanut Butter M&M’s added in this banana muffin is truly tasty. This muffin recipe has like a peanut butter explosion in your mouth…. no joke. I used the lovely Valentine’s Day peanut butter m&m’s. Have you bought a bag yet?? What are you making with them??
I like the touch of pink and red that they add to the muffin.
Here is the recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter m&m's
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Stir in peanut butter m&m's.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove immediately from oven.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Serve warm.
This recipe requires the peanut butter m&m’s… but I am sure you could use any m&m or any chocolate chip for that matter.
As a kid I remember cutting up a banana and putting a dab of peanut butter on it. Yum!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are like that… but in muffin form.
Let us start off this wonderful week with a delicious muffin stuffed with Peanut Butter M&M’s!!
Happy Muffin Monday!