Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.
When you think of chocolate crinkle cookies you most likely think of Christmas. I have taken this classic Christmas cookie to a whole new level…
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.
Over the Christmas holiday I baked these beauties. I followed Something Swanky’s recipe… and they were great! I froze a bunch. Then when I was reading her blog with her beautiful writing on the subject of these chocolate crinkle cookies this line stood out to me… “Of course, there’s the soft, dark chocolate-y cookie at the heart of this treat.” I love her blog, her writing, and her brilliance.
That’s when this idea of conversation heart chocolate crinkle cookies came to me. Yes.. I know its nothing really new. Just a cookie decorated with pink frosting and conversation hearts crushed up… but they were oh so good!
They have that chocolate goodness to them. And isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is all about…
chocolate and conversation hearts!!!
Now… I kinda went all Picasso with the frosting but I love it! You don’t have to be so bold. You can really decorate them how you would please… but don’t forget the crushed conversation hearts.
Here is the recipe…
- ½ cup butter-melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- pink chocolate candy melts
- conversation hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine butter, brown sugar and mix well. Add eggs. Then add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, form into rounded cookies and roll in confectioners sugar.
- Place on baking silicone mat on pan and bake for about 13 minutes, or until the tops are cracked. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile while the cookies are cooling... In a microwavable safe bowl melt the pink candy melts for 1 minute at 50% power. Repeat.
- Frost cookies as desired.
- Sprinkle with crushed conversation hearts.
These would make a great treat to bring to a Valentine’s Day party or get-together. I love Valentine’s Day. I love the conversation hearts!! I love the colors… pink, red, etc. I love the sweetness of honoring your other half. My other half… is amazing! He truly loves me and spoils me!
I have taken these classic christmas cookies and they have been “pinkified”. They have been heart attacked. They have been the topic of my conversation today.
Eat your heart out… the classic chocolate crinkle cookie has been made for your sweet Valentine!
I hope you will enjoy them.
Thanks for stopping by my blog…