Last night’s dinner consisted of this Butter Chicken. Butter chicken is an authentic Indian cuisine. It is a spicy tomato and butter sauce that is added to cooked cubed chicken. Done in less than 30 minutes. For those nights… when you really don’t know what to cook, you can make this butter chicken. It is spicy, but nothing a cold glass of milk can’t cure.
Yes this Butter Chicken … it is spicy and if you don’t like spicy food I am sorry this meal is not for you.
I have a twin brother. My twin brother lives in the same state as me and we do so many wonderful things together. We love going out on date nights with him and his wife. He will hands down every single time choose an Indian restaurant and we love it! There are many great indian restaurants here in the valley of the sun. I think we have tried them all.
However, this one can be cooked at home.
This is the simplest meal ever. I love simple meals. I just made broccoli with it as a side but you could totally do a stir-fry with this if you would like.
Here is the recipe…
- 1 ½ cups boneless skinless cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (16 ½ oz) jar of butter chicken sauce
- In a medium size sauce pan, cook your chicken until no longer pink.
- In a large size pan add the jar of butter chicken sauce and cook over medium heat until warm. Stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked chicken to the butter sauce.
- Serve over rice.
- ** You could also marinate the chicken in the sauce over night if desired.
** I found the jar of butter chicken sauce at my local grocery store… but you can buy it here.
Now… my girls ate this as well. I was really surprised they liked it. I kept telling them that it was spicy, but they scarfed it down.
For those of you living in the valley of the sun… what is your favorite Indian restaurant?? I would love to hear about it and why it is your favorite, so we can go and check it out!
Happy Friday Friends.