I follow Kneaders on Instagram and they have had a count down for the release of their pumpkin bread. For the last five days I have seen pictures of their pumpkin bread on their feed. It made me want to make it and so I did. I was so glad I did, because I was in charge of bringing some bread to an activity and so I knew it had to be this bread.
And…. a new month is coming tomorrow. September. The start of Fall. The start of all things pumpkin. I love pumpkin season!
What is your favorite thing to make with pure pumpkin?? My all time favorite is… pumpkin pie. I love me a slice of pumpkin pie.
However, this bread…It just speaks warm fall nights. It speaks September, October, November. It speaks the wonderful aroma of orange pumpkins! It speaks Halloween and Thanksgiving. It speaks pumpkin.
Here is the recipe…
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your bread pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, and orange juice in large mixer bowl, beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
** adapted from all recipes all time favorite best brand recipes book
I learned the secret of dusting the pan with cinnamon and sugar from my cousin with her banana bread.
I did it with this bread as well! I dusted the top with powdered sugar and topped it with the melted Wilton white Candy Melts. Delicious!
Enjoy pumpkin season!