You won’t believe what these Pumpkin Cookies are made with! They are made with a buttery cake mix, pumpkin, and cool whip! They were devoured by my girls and their cousins over the weekend!
I wanted to share with you my adapted recipe of Pumpkin Cookies. These are a cake mix cookie that are indulgent, scrumptious, moist, and of course filled with pumpkin! They are dusted with powdered sugar, which give them a light and airy feeling!
I found this recipe and adapted it and I love how the cookies turned out!
My husband’s honest opinion of them are… they don’t taste like pumpkin.
Of course they do… maybe he can only taste the buttered caked mix.
I asked my sister-in-law [who doesn’t like cake] and she said they taste like a pumpkin spice or a spice cake.
My girls couldn’t get enough of them! My nieces came over for dinner Saturday evening and they couldn’t get enough of them… seriously 3 cookies at least!
I would have to say that this recipe is a winner.
Here it is…
- 1 pkg Butter Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl combine the cake mix, egg, whipped topping, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice. In another shallow dish add the powdered sugar.
- Using a cookie scoop drop by tablespoons into the powdered sugar mixture, The mixture will be REALLY wet, but once you add it to the powdered sugar mixture, you are able to form your cookies. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
*recipe adapted from Taste of Home’s Strawberry Cookies
I did have a few… not going to lie! I think I liked baking them because they only required a few ingredients. I love cake mix cookies because they are moist! This one is extra good… because of the pumpkin!
I hope you try making them for your family and friends and see what flavors their taste buds bring out!
Happy Fall Folks!
I had to have the new cake stand by The Pioneer Woman. Her line is very beautiful! I got lucky and found the last one at Wal-Mart. I guess they are all sold out online. This cake stand fit my new favorite cookies perfectly!